Today on St. Patrick’s Day,
Two leprechauns sat by the bay,
One turned to the other,
And said to his brother,
“A loan for my home I do pray!”
We’re seeing green today! And I don’t mean beer. You don’t have to give up your St. Patty’s celebrations to save money for your home loan. You can still celebrate without spending your entire pot of gold. Here are a few tips to save your green this holiday, and get you one step closer to buying your dream home!
- Celebrate St. Patty’s Day at home: Instead of going out and spending all your green at the Irish pub, try hosting your own St. Patty’s Day Celebration instead. Invite your closest friends over for some green-themed fun and follow these low-budget party ideas.
- Green Beer: The easiest recipe you will ever follow! You will need a pint, beer and some green food coloring (McCormick $3.14). Simply place a few drops of food coloring into the pint, pour the beer over the drops, and watch your beer change colors. Ps. this recipe can be followed for any beverage of your choice.
- Leprechaun Cupcakes: Simple and delicious! Throw some of your green food coloring into vanilla frosting, and mix it until it is fully green. Bake some cupcakes, frost with your newly made “Luck of the Irish” inspired frosting, and top with some shamrock sprinkles (Walmart $5.99). Cheap, easy, and Leprechaun approved!
- Reach the pot of gold: Gold Oreos that is! Simply spray a pack of Oreos with edible gold spray (Wilton Color Mist $3.50). Place your gold coins (oreos) in a big black bowl and let your guests enjoy the lucky pot of gold!
- Don’t want to stay home? If its part of your tradition to go out on St. Patty’s Day, save money by doing some research before you go.
- The best trick to saving your money when going out for a night on the town is to set yourself a budget! Calculate an amount of money that you are comfortable spending, and take it out in cash. Do not over spend the cash that you took with you! For example, if you have $100 of disposable income to spend tonight, then take it out in cash and go home once you have spent it! Limit yourself and your wallet will thank you later!
- Stick to the deals! Do some research and find out which restaurants/bars are offering the biggest bang for your buck, and do not steer away from the St. Patty’s deals!
You are luckier than the Leprechauns this St. Patty’s Day, because you are one step closer to getting that loan for your dream house!
As 2016 came to an end, it was time to consider New Year Resolutions. The infamous saying “new year, new me” automatically popped into my head, as society has drilled this concept into my mind for as long as I could remember. But aren’t you so tired of hearing this phrase? Every year, over and over, people claim that they will make resolutions and change areas of their lives, only to let it fall through just a few weeks later.
Let’s vow to make this year different! This year, do not quit on your resolution. Let 2017 be the year of positivity and gratefulness, savings, health, prosperity and accomplishments:
- Positivity & Gratefulness: Positive thoughts lead to positive outcomes. This year, let’s try to work on letting stress go! Focus on the happiness of waking up for another day. Whether succeeding or failing in a project, focus on the experience you gained while trying. Take a moment each day and appreciate everything around you – the beauty in nature, the smile of a coworker, a good cup of coffee – anything that you are grateful to have in your life. Say thank you more often. Enjoy a meal with family or friends. Avoid complaining or judging others, or yourself. Focus on the law of attraction, and do what you can to boost your attitude of gratitude!
- Savings: 2017 will be the year of saving! Whether you are saving money, or working to save your credit, let 2017 be the year you accomplish this goal! Work smarter, not harder! Open a savings account (if you do not have one already) and anytime you can, put money in it. Even if it is only five dollars, no pressure. If you save one dollar a day, that is 365 saved in a year, five dollars a day saves $1,825, and so on. Make sure to pay bills on time or ahead of time if you can. Keep the balances on your credit cards low, and pay off debts rather than transferring them around. Do not close any open accounts, even if you are not using the credit card, and do not open credit accounts that you do not need.
- Health: Work on your overall health for 2017, and no, this does not mean lose 50 pounds. Try to incorporate exercise into your daily routine, as a way to let go of some of the stressors from your day. Eat Breakfast! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day; it gives you energy, which leads to productivity. Meditate before bed, and reflect on calming your thoughts. Take a vacation to a destination that you have never been before. Explore your roots by going to visit the place where your ancestors lived. Grow as a person by taking a volunteer trip, or take a “staycation,” and just stay home and watch movies all day long, resting and relaxing.
- Prosperity and Accomplishments: 2017 is the year you will accomplishment your goals! Make a commitment and stick to it. Keep track of your progress, and if you fail for a moment, keep going. Ask for help when you need it. Focus on being consistent. Whether your goal is to purchase your first home, start a family, open a business, buy a car, etc. Do not stop working until you achieve it.
Make 2017 YOUR year.
New Year, Fresh Start- to be a better version of yourself.
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that Miami is going through some massive changes at this precise moment! Even amidst all of the climate change cries, Miami proves to stand strong in the real estate market as investors continue to take the risk of helping Miami expand. Not only has the Miami real estate boom been fueling the economy, but it’s also been the cause for new Miami projects to spring up out of the woodwork!
The surge in real estate has caused some of the most exciting new Miami projects to emerge in 2014 alone; however, most of them will not be completed for quite some time. Fisher Island showed some of the most recent new Miami projects with the first apartments springing up on the exclusive island for the first time since 2007. Backed by the demand for real estate, the new apartments appeal to homebuyers who are looking to join the luxurious island. This new real estate addition, however, is the smallest of the exciting Miami projects that are to be launched within the coming years.
One of the most speculated Miami projects is the upcoming Miami World Center. Although the initial proposal came with much opposition, the project promises to be transformative to the overall image of Miami, with over 1 million square feet of retail space, 1,800 rooms dedicated to the Marriott Marquis hotel. Reports suggest that the project is the largest development project that is currently taking place in the United States, generating approximately $1 billion in economic growth for the region. Not to mention, the project will be connecting to another new Miami project!
The new Miami World Center project would be connected to the Miami Central Station. The new project titled MiamiCentral would be a massive change to the downtown Miami scene. Not only would the station boast remarkable architectural design, but further drive the economic growth of the city. More excitingly however, the new project would be the flagship icon of the All Aboard Florida project that promises to connect major destinations of South Florida via train.
These are simply a few among the new Miami projects that will be springing up within the next coming years. Some of which, we’ll see sooner than others. However, one thing is for certain, the new projects will promise to revolutionize the way Miami is viewed as a destination city. Even more so, the combination of the financial growth and real estate success will only continue to amaze Miami natives by cultivating future growth! And we can’t wait!
Image Credit: ExMiami