Today on St. Patrick’s Day,
Two leprechauns sat by the bay,
One turned to the other,
And said to his brother,
“A loan for my home I do pray!”
We’re seeing green today! And I don’t mean beer. You don’t have to give up your St. Patty’s celebrations to save money for your home loan. You can still celebrate without spending your entire pot of gold. Here are a few tips to save your green this holiday, and get you one step closer to buying your dream home!
- Celebrate St. Patty’s Day at home: Instead of going out and spending all your green at the Irish pub, try hosting your own St. Patty’s Day Celebration instead. Invite your closest friends over for some green-themed fun and follow these low-budget party ideas.
- Green Beer: The easiest recipe you will ever follow! You will need a pint, beer and some green food coloring (McCormick $3.14). Simply place a few drops of food coloring into the pint, pour the beer over the drops, and watch your beer change colors. Ps. this recipe can be followed for any beverage of your choice.
- Leprechaun Cupcakes: Simple and delicious! Throw some of your green food coloring into vanilla frosting, and mix it until it is fully green. Bake some cupcakes, frost with your newly made “Luck of the Irish” inspired frosting, and top with some shamrock sprinkles (Walmart $5.99). Cheap, easy, and Leprechaun approved!
- Reach the pot of gold: Gold Oreos that is! Simply spray a pack of Oreos with edible gold spray (Wilton Color Mist $3.50). Place your gold coins (oreos) in a big black bowl and let your guests enjoy the lucky pot of gold!
- Don’t want to stay home? If its part of your tradition to go out on St. Patty’s Day, save money by doing some research before you go.
- The best trick to saving your money when going out for a night on the town is to set yourself a budget! Calculate an amount of money that you are comfortable spending, and take it out in cash. Do not over spend the cash that you took with you! For example, if you have $100 of disposable income to spend tonight, then take it out in cash and go home once you have spent it! Limit yourself and your wallet will thank you later!
- Stick to the deals! Do some research and find out which restaurants/bars are offering the biggest bang for your buck, and do not steer away from the St. Patty’s deals!
You are luckier than the Leprechauns this St. Patty’s Day, because you are one step closer to getting that loan for your dream house!
With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, it’s important to make sure that your home’s interior design is up to par for all those critical family gatherings that are bound to occur. Because lets face it, the holidays are without a doubt a time for joy and happiness, but they can be pretty stressful, as well. Don’t worry; interior design can be a tricky, time-consuming task that sometimes only succeeds with the right amount of testing and, most importantly, patience. So where do you begin with your Thanksgiving home makeover? Well, right here of course!
Decorating your home for the Fall is all about those quintessential warm, colors. But when you have loved ones over for Thanksgiving, why not give them something to talk about (besides all the delicious food) with a combination of interior design techniques that will provide, dare we say, an out of body experience! To begin, incorporate harvest colors and berry tones throughout your homes design and pair it with textures like leather or suede to tie that comforting feel all together. Don’t forget to throw in some still life pictures. Most importantly, appeal to their olfactory senses with some scented candles; why not go for the biggest Fall trend and try out some crackling Pumpkin spice candles.
Granted, however, some of these methods are commonplace when it comes to creating a warm inviting home for Thanksgiving. But some of the most important 2014 Fall trends would prove to brighten up your home in a dazzling way. Start with smaller details like candleholders or iconic detail pieces, one of the latest trends uses mixed materials like a metal base and stone setting above that. Geometric forms have also found their way into many homes in 2014, try your hand at the trend with furniture pieces that have geometric legs or honeycomb wall shelves to give your room a nice twist!
Another neat technique you can try out is to blend an outdoor feel with your indoor living space. Not only will this hot 2014 trend bring your space to life just in time for Thanksgiving, but finding an iconic piece could bring a modern twist to an elegant design, so make sure to make it one-of-a-kind in your home to leave your Thanksgiving guests breathless. Finding all these great pieces will surely benefit your Fall home redesign in time for the holidays, but keeping them true to a color palette will be the defining factor in tying it all together! Try some bronze hues to convey a serene, yet formal atmosphere. And don’t forget, of course, that pop of color for extra points!
Finally, show your creative side with some neat Thanksgiving DIY projects for that big dinner! Whether it’s pumpkin placements or golden acorns, each little detail will breathe new life into the easily forgotten-about spaces. Try placing fall leaves or flowers with warm colors throughout your home, whether it is the Thanksgiving table or bathrooms. All in all, Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks for all that we have and a time for family and friends, so sit back, and enjoy the holiday!