Today on St. Patrick’s Day,
Two leprechauns sat by the bay,
One turned to the other,
And said to his brother,
“A loan for my home I do pray!”
We’re seeing green today! And I don’t mean beer. You don’t have to give up your St. Patty’s celebrations to save money for your home loan. You can still celebrate without spending your entire pot of gold. Here are a few tips to save your green this holiday, and get you one step closer to buying your dream home!
- Celebrate St. Patty’s Day at home: Instead of going out and spending all your green at the Irish pub, try hosting your own St. Patty’s Day Celebration instead. Invite your closest friends over for some green-themed fun and follow these low-budget party ideas.
- Green Beer: The easiest recipe you will ever follow! You will need a pint, beer and some green food coloring (McCormick $3.14). Simply place a few drops of food coloring into the pint, pour the beer over the drops, and watch your beer change colors. Ps. this recipe can be followed for any beverage of your choice.
- Leprechaun Cupcakes: Simple and delicious! Throw some of your green food coloring into vanilla frosting, and mix it until it is fully green. Bake some cupcakes, frost with your newly made “Luck of the Irish” inspired frosting, and top with some shamrock sprinkles (Walmart $5.99). Cheap, easy, and Leprechaun approved!
- Reach the pot of gold: Gold Oreos that is! Simply spray a pack of Oreos with edible gold spray (Wilton Color Mist $3.50). Place your gold coins (oreos) in a big black bowl and let your guests enjoy the lucky pot of gold!
- Don’t want to stay home? If its part of your tradition to go out on St. Patty’s Day, save money by doing some research before you go.
- The best trick to saving your money when going out for a night on the town is to set yourself a budget! Calculate an amount of money that you are comfortable spending, and take it out in cash. Do not over spend the cash that you took with you! For example, if you have $100 of disposable income to spend tonight, then take it out in cash and go home once you have spent it! Limit yourself and your wallet will thank you later!
- Stick to the deals! Do some research and find out which restaurants/bars are offering the biggest bang for your buck, and do not steer away from the St. Patty’s deals!
You are luckier than the Leprechauns this St. Patty’s Day, because you are one step closer to getting that loan for your dream house!
Its Valentine’s Day, and its definitely time to celebrate — YOU! Whether you have a special someone, you are spending the night with friends, or enjoying a relaxing evening alone, you can be saving tons of money on your mortgage payment! So, this Valentine’s Day, while everyone is spending all their money on chocolates, flowers, and balloons, save yours by reading these three reasons to refinance:
- Debt Free is Where I Want to be
Most credit cards have high interest rates between 15 and 20 percent; where as mortgage rates are generally much lower than that. By taking the equity out of your house you gain the ability to liquidate your debts, and pay off the revolving debt of high rate cards. This can save you quite a lot of money spent on interest in the long run!
- Less Money – Less Problems!
Interest rates are still at a record setting low, and who knows for how long. What does this mean for us? Now is a great time to refinance! By lowering your interest rate and mortgage payment, there are endless possibilities on what you can do with your savings. Need some ideas? Now is your chance to remodel that kitchen you’ve been dreaming of, or build that pool you’ve always wanted!
- Peace Out Mortgage! Its Time to Travel
Refinancing your current mortgage can mean shortening your term from 30 years to 20 or 15 years. That is 10-15 years LESS of slaving to those mortgage payments. You do the math! Here’s a quick tip: Save all that money previously spent on your mortgage, and create a travel fund. Once your beautiful home is paid off, spend that V-Day traveling the world.
No matter what your plans are tonight – give yourself the gift of savings this Valentine’s Day & enjoy the holiday!